The Rembrandt Hotels location is in the exclusive area of Knightsbridge, perfectly positioned to explore the local area. With the V&A Museum opposite the hotel, The Natural History Museum and The Science Museum only 5 minutes away and Harrods, Harvey Nichols and other designer shops within a 10 minute walk. South Kensington tube station (Circle, District and Piccadilly lines) is only few minutes walk away making The Rembrandt the perfect base for Knightsbridge and London. From the South Kensington tube you can access all the large mainline stations, such as Paddington (trains for Heathrow), Victoria (trains for Gatwick), Charing Cross and Liverpool Street to name but a few.
11 Thurloe Place
Click here for a map and directions to the hotel.
London has many famous attractions. Most of which are easily accessible from The Rembrandt Hotel, with the following within walking distance of the hotel.
- Imperial College
- Kensington Park
- Hyde Park
- Harrods is the most famous of the local shops, a huge attraction with over 300 departments selling everything you could possibly imagine.
- Harvey Nicholls
If you want to do as the locals do head for Harvey Nichols, a chic alternative with three floors of designer wear, a huge beauty department and delectable delicacies on the fifth floor.
- Oxford Street
- Sloane Street
- Kings Road
- The Natural History Museum houses hundreds of exciting, interactive exhibits. Highlights include: dinosaurs; human biology; creepy crawlies; ecology and mammals.
- The Victoria and Albert Museum is one of the most influential museums of decorative arts in the world. It has over 140 galleries housing around four million artefacts ranging from ceramics and costume to metalwork and sculpture.
- The Science Museum is one of London’s most interactive, hands-on museums and home to one of the world’s most amazing collections of science, industry, technology and medicine.
- The Royal Albert Hall is an internationally renowned venue offering visitors a wide variety of entertainment — classical music, pop and rock events, jazz, sporting events and spectacular galas, balls and banquets. ‘The Proms’ is the highlight of the classical calendar, and may well be the best regular classical event in the world.
Bars & Restaurants
Knightsbridge is one of the most unchanged, attractive areas of central London, which has remained predominantly residential, and therefore quiet, with very few offices. There are plenty of restaurants and many famous shops to serve the needs of the local residents.