Date published: December 8, 2018
We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for a Training Manager who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do to support the learning and development of our employees.
Although based in our London hotel, the role will require regular travel to all our hotels within the group. Therefore you must have full driving licence and ideally have your own car (expenses paid).
What will I be doing as Training Manager?
- Determining training needs and requirements by meeting with managers, talking with employees and by monitoring business indicators and feedback such as performance reviews, exit interviews, and labour turnover.
- Working with HR/Line Managers to develop their team’s skills and knowledge ensuring that all staff are trained to Company standards, and training records are maintained.
- Designing, developing and delivering training across our 4 hotels, helping individuals and groups of employees to enhance their skills, knowledge and performance; driving engagement and empowering them to develop themselves and improve our guest experience.
- Working with management colleagues to evaluate the training and develop strategies and implement training action plans as necessary to deliver improvements where standards are not met.
- Ensuring all statutory and compliance training is completed, up to date and correctly recorded.
- Reviewing the current Supervisory /Junior Management development programme (SSTS) and together with the Group HRM enhance and deliver it in 2019.
- Designing annual training plans for each hotel that meet the needs of the hotel, in liaison with the hotel HR Managers and General Managers.
- Working with Umbrella Training, our designated apprenticeship provider, to promote apprenticeships, support and mentor learners and ensure our commitment to apprenticeships is met.
- Together with the hotel HR teams oversee the Flow E Learning platform.
- Supporting the HR Teams with new starter induction.
- Building and maintaining relationships with schools, colleges & universities and with external training partners to guarantee maximum return on investment.
As Training Manager you will have..:
- A track record of writing and delivering motivational, fun and creative training for delivery up to management level.
- Coaching /Mentoring and Group Training Techniques qualifications.
Operational experience in hotels, restaurants or hospitality sector with a passion for high quality, exceptional service.
- Excellent verbal & written communication in English and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Good organisation and administration skills.
- Self-motivation, optimism, patience and an easy going manner with a genuine desire to help people develop and be a good supportive team member
- Previous knowledge/experience of Health & Safety at Work legislation & procedures
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as our Training Manager?
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays, increasing after 2 years
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- 5% Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health care, after 6 months
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular employee appreciation events including annual staff party
- Discounted membership of onsite Health Clubs & Spas
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with Immigration controls applicants must be legally able to live and work full time in the EU.- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview