Date published: February 1, 2019
We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as Commis Chef?
As a Commis Chef you will be responsible for completing any tasks given to you by the senior chefs that will include food preparation, cooking and cleaning tasks. Cooking great food is rewarding, but working in a kitchen means that at times you will be under pressure and you must be able to handle this well.
As Commis Chef you will have…
- Ideally prior experience of working in a commercial kitchen and a foundation food preparation qualification or it may be something that we can assist you with by becoming an Apprentice.
- Enthusiasm for creating good food, be willing to work hard and able to display food safety knowledge in every aspect of your working day.
- Good communication skills and like working as part of a team.
- Flexibility in your working hours as you will be required to work Early and Late Shifts on a 5 day rota including weekends and bank holidays.
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as Commis Chef?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Employee of the Month and Year Awards
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Discounted membership of onsite Health Clubs & Spas
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
- An Apprenticeship programme may be available for those showing a real interest in furthering their career with a love of food in mind. Apprenticeships means being in full time paid work whilst studying for 12 months for a work based qualification
- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview