The Rembrandt Blog
The Mayor’s Thames Festival 2014
Since 1997, the Thames Festival Trust has organised events along the river. Beginning with the famous wire walk on the South Bank, festivities now take place along the River from Westminster to St Katharine Docks.
The Lord Mayor will be hosting this spectacular thirty-day free event, which links together London First and the Arts Council of England, so expect some wonderful art, films, performances, music and community festivals along the riverside.
Taking you back in time, Handel’s Fireworks Music and Illuminations take place on 14th September in the stunning Privy Garden at Hampton Court Palace. Performed by a thirty-piece orchestra, it is followed by a Georgian historic firework display.
For the more adventurous, an abundance of water activities are planned. There will be archaeology and exploration events as well as the London River Marathon, (as the Great River Race is known) which takes place on 27th September. Over 300 crews from many different countries, usually in fancy dress and performing stunts for charity, will race for the finishing line.
For those with a nautical interest, the Royal Greenwich Tall Ships will be showcasing the largest fleet of Tall Ships to visit London in 25 years with their own historic five-day festival and fireworks display. For more information visit the Totally Thames website
For a more peaceful water-related relaxation, treat yourself to a day at Aquilla health club, which is located only 5-minutes from South Kensington Station. With its heated indoor swimming pool, sauna, whirlpool and steam bath you can really pamper yourself.
Guests at our hotel can use our club for a small fee. So check out our accommodation packages … Or, even better, book one of our spa packages, if you want to combine a trip to London with a relaxing spa experience.
- Halloween in London – The Top 10 October 20, 2014
- Bonfire Night in London October 13, 2014
- Employee Appreciation Tea October 8, 2014
- London Eye and Royal Museums October 8, 2014
- Westminster Abbey September 15, 2014
- John Constable at the Victoria & Albert Museum August 29, 2014
- The Mayor’s Thames Festival 2014 July 23, 2014
- The Rembrandt celebrates the World Cup July 21, 2014
- Teddington River Festival June 24, 2014
- The London Bridge Experience June 5, 2014
- Wimbledon Championships 2014 May 22, 2014
- Hampton Court Palace Festival 2014 May 14, 2014
- Mammoths, Ice Age Giants April 15, 2014
- Chelsea Flower Show March 28, 2014
- The Rembrandt Concierge recommends…. Fatal Attraction at Theatre Royal Haymarket March 26, 2014
- Vogue Festival 2014 March 20, 2014
- Easter Family Events in London March 13, 2014